Chocolate + peanut butter = dessert made in heaven (right?! Who's with me?). A lot of dessert smoothies and chocolate-PB combos are chock full of sugar, though, and don't pack much of a nutritional punch. Enter this Ambronite Dessert Smoothie. Ambronite is a meal replacement powder that I've recently discovered and have been loving as an addition to shakes and smoothies. (Read my first review here, and second Ambronite smoothie bowl recipe here.)
This smoothie is full of nutritious and delicious ingredients like chocolate almond milk, banana, greek yogurt, and the Ambronite powder. It's high in protein, fiber, and potassium, low in sugar, and has no artificial sweeteners. And for anyone out there following a gluten-free diet, it's a perfect dessert for you! Keep reading for the recipe, and get ready for drinkable dessert heaven.
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Ambronite Dessert Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana, peeled and cut into segments (for easier blending)
- 1/2 packet Ambronite
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 5.3-oz vanilla greek yogurt (I'm a huge fan of Dannon Oikos Triple Zero - much less sugar than other brands)
- 2 spoonfuls peanut butter (I used Teddie Smooth unsalted - obsessed!)
- 1 cup dark chocolate almond milk
- 4 ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients in blender in order listed above
- Blend on high ("smoothie" setting if you have one) until smooth and ice cubes are crushed
- Pour into glass and top with shaved dark chocolate or peanut butter swirl
- Note: this recipe makes about 2 large servings. If you have extra, store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a day (after a day, it starts solidifying and isn't as smooth).
Plus a reader discount on Ambronite orders!
Use code INFITINHEALTH10 to get 10% off all orders of Ambronite! That's a free packet of the good stuff right there. Enjoy!
Readers: chat with me! Are you a huge fan of the peanut butter and chocolate combo? Do you make dessert smoothies often? What ingredients do you use? What are some of your favorite healthy desserts?